The career fair will be held on the first day of the conference, next to the conference sessions in the Student Union Building. Career fair presenters will be able to set up their displays starting at 10:00 AM on Friday, 7 April, with the career fair beginning at 12:00 and continuing until 4:00. A designated poster/demo session will be located near the career fair location, as will refreshments, in order to drive traffic to the career fair. Presenters who wish to leave their materials available and attend the conference on Saturday, 08 April will be able to do so, with the fair being open from 8:30-11:30 AM.
Employers have begun registering for the career fair. A list of the current participants is as follows:
- Digi-Key Corporation is one of the fastest growing distributors of electronic components in the world. Since its founding in 1972, Digi-Key has been committed to offering the broadest selection of in-stock electronic components, as well as providing the best service possible to its customers, aiding engineers through the entire design process, from Prototype to Production®. This has led the company to be highly ranked year after year in industry surveys, in North America as well as Europe and Asia, in categories covering such facets of business as availability of product, speed of service, responsiveness to problems, and more. Digi-Key's website is the top-rated and most-visited website in the electronic distribution industry.
For more information, please visit www.digikey.com.
- Fastenal provides companies with the fasteners, tools, and supplies they need to manufacture products, build structures, protect personnel, and maintain facilities and equipment.
Guided by a motto of "Growth Through Customer Service," our local teams work closely with customers to keep needed supplies flowing, provide supply chain solutions and expertise, and drive business improvements that help them compete and thrive. Simply put, we don't just make a sale - we align with our customers to make them more successful.
For more information, please visit www.fastenal.com.
- Acuity is an AM Best and S&P A+ rated regional property and casualty insurer headquartered in Sheboygan, WI. In 2017, Acuity was named a top employer in the nation by Fortune Magazine, and for the third straight year, has ranked among the top ten large employers for its workplace and corporate culture. Prior to being eligible for the large-company list, Acuity was named the number one medium size company to work for in America five years in a row and has been in the top five for the last ten years. Our employees feel a great sense of pride to be part of Acuity.
Founded in 1925, Acuity, headquartered in Sheboygan, operates in 25 states, generates over $1.2 billion in revenue through 1,000 independent agencies, and manages over $3 billion in assets. Acuity currently employs approximately 1,300 employees throughout the nation.
For more information, please visit www.acuity.com.
- Epic. As a worldwide leader in the development of software for healthcare organizations, Epic is driving change for an entire industry – one that affects the quality of life for everyone. Our team works with some of the nation’s most respected healthcare organizations and collaborates with the best minds in medicine. The challenges we tackle on a day-to-day basis impact the lives of more than 190 million patients worldwide and over 329,000 physicians in the US alone, and we’re committed to the common goal of improving healthcare. We're searching for smart, passionate people who want to achieve great things. If you want to be part of something truly important, consider a career at Epic.
For more information, please visit www.epic.com.
- LHI was founded by Donald J. Weber in La Crosse, Wisconsin in 1999. Weber formed the company to address critical military medical readiness concerns, beginning with mass immunization of Service members against anthrax. As the program model produced healthy results, the company and government worked together to explore the facilitation of other health services through on-location event services.
After numerous pilot programs with various federal agencies, the Federal Strategic Health Alliance (FEDS_HEAL) program was introduced, an alliance of the Department of Defense, Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Health and Human Services which was managed by Federal Occupational Health. The FEDS_HEAL program, which was awarded to LHI in the fall of 2001, brought members of the military reserve components up to acceptable health and dental readiness levels for deployment. FEDS_HEAL was the platform for much of LHI’s continued growth in government health programs. In 2007, FEDS_HEAL became the Reserve Health Readiness Program (RHRP) after being restructured and renamed by the Department of Defense.
For more information, please visit www.lhicareers.com.
- Three Rivers Technologies is the leading provider of software consulting services in the La Crosse, Wisconsin area and greater Coulee Region.
For more information, please visit www.3riverstech.com.
We have created an online survey to allow for easy registration for the career fair. Interested employers can fill out that survey at the Survey Page.
Once registered, if you would like to pay via credit card, please do so via the sites managed by our Office of Coninuing Education and Extension; there are two such sites, one for those participating in the Career Fair, and one for those who wish to both participate in the Fair and serve as Platinum Conference Sponsors. (Please contact the conference organizers, or refer to our call for sponsorship, if you wish more information about these levels of support.)
Participants who prefer to pay by cheque can send payment made out to "UW-La Crosse," directly to Becky Yoshizumi, Computer Science Dept, UW-La Crosse, 1725 State Street, La Crosse WI 54601.